At Beyond the Dream, our vision is to be the premier volunteer driven foundation by promoting a culture of giving, services to the youth and the underserved members of the community at large.
Beyond the Dream Foundation is organized for charitable purposes, more specifically, to assist selected qualified students with scholarships, provide mentorship programs for the youth, and distribute holiday gifts for seniors, youths, and those in need. We also partner with other community based organizations that assist underserved populations. Our hope is through the spirit of collaboration we will reach as many citizens of our communities who simply need the demonstration of care.
The Beyond the Dream Foundation is a 501(c) (3) charity founded in November 2008, under the name of the Poughkeepsie Alumni Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation and in September 2013 changed its name to the Beyond the Dream Foundation.
How We Give
One of the most distinctive features of this organization is its voluntary nature. Beyond the Dream Foundation is fully volunteer driven organization, organized by college educated men, with the commonality of wanting to make a difference in the community in which they live.
The Board of Directors, officer, and members at large are all volunteers, which result in 100% of donations received by the organization being used for its mission driven purpose. The organization relies on 100% donations in order to meet the needs of the community in which they serve. When donations are limited, the volunteers often use their own resources for community based programs (eg, soup kitchens, toy drives, turkey giveaways, children holiday events, etc.
This approach to service ensures that the organization is able to reach the maximum number of individuals with the resources available to do so.
- offer scholarships to graduating high school seniors in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York and Fairfield county in Connecticut
- Community Programs:
- Turkey Giveaway (175+ families fed in NY and CT)
- Kappa Christmas Holiday (50+ kids received gifts)
- Holiday Gifts to the Poughkeepsie Children's House
- Computers for Broadview Middle (targeted CT African American students)
- Soup Kitchen at Beulah Baptist Church
- St. Jude Research Hospital
- Support Hord Foundation Scholarships
- Feed the Homeless at Hillcrest House